Junior Golf Programs
Combining instruction, fitness and fun, our junior programs are geared to bring out the best in your child. Ballantyne Golf Academy offers junior programs year-round for all skill levels. From weekly clinics to summer camps for ages 5-17, we’ll make sure your child is learning the fundamentals and having fun!
Day 1: Skill/ability analysis determines group placement. All Juniors are taught to his/her ability, and will advance accordingly.
- Operation 36: Ages 5-17 Classes held Monday – Thursday Evenings
- U.S. Kids Clinics: Ages 5-17 Saturday 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Geared for beginning golfers who want to be introduced to the game of golf.
- PGA Junior League: Ages 9-16. Practices held on Friday 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Matches are held on Sunday Evenings. All skill levels welcome!
- Pee Wee Summer Camps: Ages 5-8. Mon – Thurs 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- Junior Summer Camps: Ages 9-12. Mon – Thurs 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- High School Half Day Summer Camp: Ages 13-17. Mon – Thurs 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM All levels grouped by skill analysis/ability. 8th graders welcome!
- LPGA/USGA Girls Golf is offered in the Spring and Fall. Six Friday sessions 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM. Geared to girls aged 7-17. Non competitive introduction to golf, understanding that the golf course is a living habitat, rules, etiquette, instruction and games.
We provide golf equipment and training aids for all camps and clinics. If, however, you would like to purchase golf clubs, U.S. Kids Golf club sets may be ordered through your child’s instructor and our front desk staff. Junior clubs are determined by a U.S. Kids Golf measuring stick for 39″ – 63″ player height, and products will be matched to ability. If your junior is ready for custom clubs, our instructional and admin staff will work with you on next steps. Collared shirt and rubber soled shoes required. No denim. Junior sized golf apparel, shoes and gloves, if desired, a lot of these items are available for purchase at the Academy.
How to Choose the Right Program for Your Junior Golfer
We look forward to introducing your junior golfer to the game of golf! When choosing a program for your junior golfer, it is sometimes difficult to know which one to sign up for because you are unsure of your child’s abilities. Golf is like many other things in life; it takes a lot of time and practice to advance to the next level. If we only practice any sport for a few weeks of the year – we will always be a “new golfer!” Golf is a marathon, not a sprint. Below are a few questions you can ask yourself to help place your junior in the appropriate class!
How would you categorize your junior golfer?
- Beginner – new to the game
- Experienced – wants to play more
- Competitive – wants to win
- Aspiring Collegiate – wants to play at highest level
If your junior golfer is a Beginner, we recommend they try our U.S. Kids Clinics, Operation 36, LPGA Girls Golf, and our Weekly Summer Camps.
If your junior golfer is Experienced, we recommend they try Operation 36, LPGA Girls Golf, PGA Junior League, and our Weekly Summer Camps.
If your junior golfer is Competitive, we recommend they try Operation 36, PGA Junior League, and our Weekly Summer Camps.
If your junior golfer is an Aspiring Collegiate player, we recommend they try Operation 36, and our Elite Coaching Program.
The Mission of the Junior Golf Program
The Mission of the Ballantyne Golf Academy Junior Program is to introduce young athletes to the game of golf in a fun and comfortable learning environment. Junior clinics and camps offer progressive social and competitive programs for all ages and abilities, while focusing on fundamentals of golf, athletic development, and personal growth.